Terms & Conditions
WEBSITE USE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Flooring Co. Pty Ltd
The term ‘The Flooring Co. Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to The Flooring Co. Pty Ltd, the owner of the website, whose registered office is 162776178, Queensland. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
7. Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
8. This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
9. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Queensland.
10. You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
11. These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
12. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
13. You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
14. In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
15. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Deposit 50% to confirm and order goods. Non-refundable.
Instalment 25% upon delivery of goods to warehouse.
Balance 25% prior to completion of installation (funds must have cleared).
Goods remain the property of The Flooring Co. Pty Ltd until full payment has been received.
All prices are quoted in AUD and include GST.
Quotations are valid for 30 days barring errors or omissions and are subject to final measure.
Hours of work
Installation is quoted based on works being completed during normal business hours (Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm). Installation required outside of these hours (e.g. nights, weekends and public holidays) will incur additional charges at 1.5x installation costs for weeknights & Saturdays and 2x installation costs for weekend nights, Sundays and public holidays.
Order amendments or changes
Once your order has been confirmed any request for subsequent changes must be sent in writing. No guarantee can be given that the requested change can be made. Any variation or cancellation, agreed to by The Flooring Co., may incur additional costs.
A cancellation fee of 50% of total order or costs of goods plus any bailing, delivery and administration charges, whichever is greater, will be forfeited should you cancel your order once the order has been confirmed and deposit paid.
Repair, replacement or refund
We do not give refunds for change of mind. Under the Australian Consumer Law consumer guarantees, we have the right to offer a free repair for a minor problem. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major problem.
Lead times for goods will be specified at time of quotation and commence upon receipt of deposit paid. Whilst we will make every effort to achieve nominated delivery dates, delays do not constitute a breach of contract and The Flooring Co. is in no way liable for any resulting damages.
All goods come with a manufacturers warranty. In most cases this is 10 years however, please confirm this with us.
Variation to sample
Variations from sample in colour may occur due to change in dye batches or production runs or screen resolutions.
Installation date will be confirmed with you once goods are received into the warehouse and upon receipt of the 25% instalment payment.
Rescheduling & delays
A minimum of 7 days is required if you wish to change your confirmed installation date and avoid additional charges. Any changes made within 7 days to 48 hours prior will incur a reschedule fee of $200.00. Changes made within 48 hours or less will incur a reschedule fee of $400.00. We cannot guarantee the next available date if you reschedule.
On the day of installation, if there are any delays to installation works commencing which we are deemed not at fault (e.g. site not ready for installation, no entry or safe clear access, no power supply) a fee of $100.00 will be charged hourly until work can commence. If the job needs to be rescheduled, the charge of $400.00 will apply.
Furniture & homewares
Unless otherwise quoted, all furniture, appliances and homewares are the sole responsibility of the customer and must be moved prior to and post installation.
If furniture is quoted, this is bulky items only (e.g. lounges, beds, drawers) and excludes any oversized furniture (e.g. piano’s, billiard tables, shutters, gym equipment) and appliances, disassemble/reassemble of beds or furniture and emptying/stacking of storage units. Any appliances (e.g. TV, computers, sound systems) are the responsibility of the owner and the installers will not move these items, or unplug/plug any electrical items.
Out-of-scope works that arise at time of installation will be charged for. The charge will be discussed and agreed with you prior to any further works being carried out. This also includes any works to be carried out on the sub floor.
A travel fee is charged for any installations required outside of a 25km radius of Brisbane CBD. The charge will be provided on the quotation.
We offer a 12-month workmanship guarantee for all installations. Your rights for a repair are void if the issue is deemed to be from misuse and not due to an issue with the installation. Any repairs required after this time will be charged for and quoted as required.
Parking & site access
Suitable and safe access for unloading and loading of goods is required as goods are oversized and heavy. Goods will not be carried up ladders or across gangplanks. Access must be given at the agreed scheduled time or keys and/or access codes provided to us prior to installation date. If keys need to be collected and returned to a real estate, which is outside of the suburb where the installation is being conducted, a fee will be charged. If lifts need to be booked, you must arrange a time for access as agreed by us.
Any smoke detectors must be covered or deactivated during the carpet joining process to avoid alarms being set off. If an alarm is set off, the customer is responsible for any fines charged by emergency departments. Security pads under the floor need to be disconnected/reconnected by a qualified electrician during installation and must be onsite on installation day.
The site must meet Occupational Workplace Health and Safety standards. The customer must notify the installer on the day of installation prior to works commencing, if there are any hazards such as existing cabling or plumbing. We will not install any floors over cabling or plumbing nor take any responsibility for damages to any pipes or wiring laid on the subfloor. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the site is closed off to public access and vacated until installation is completed. Power is required during installation and must meet Australian Standards.
Repairs to the subfloor are the responsibility of the customer to have repaired by a qualified tradesman prior to the scheduled installation date. If existing floor removal is quoted, we can arrange for this to be done prior to installation date, in order for you to arrange for any repairs to be carried out and will incur an additional charge. Unless take up and removal of existing floor is quoted, it is the responsibility of the customer to have the subfloor stripped of all debris and cleaned ready for installation of the new goods.
Door clearance height may be affected with your new floor coverings. Any adjustments/shaving of the doors are the sole responsibility of the customer.
Skirting boards & painted areas
All skirting boards should be painted all the way to the subfloor to avoid any issue with change in floor height. New skirting boards should be set no more than 5mm above the subfloor to avoid unsightly gaps. As per the Australian Standards, it is a requirement that carpet be stretched against the walls/skiting and then trimmed and tucked. This causes rubbing and scratching against both skirting boards and walls that is unavoidable. Manoeuvring of large rolls, tight access and the nature of installation may mark walls. We accept no responsibility for any damage that is within reasonable standards during installation. It is imperative paint is given proper curing time to minimise marking. If skirting boards and gyprock walls are not properly installed, small crack lines can appear when carpet is stretched against it.
Inspection of goods fully installed is required at completion of installation. Any damage or faults must be notified to us within 24 hours of installation. We will not be responsible for any damage or faults unless we are notified within the time period specified above.
Permanent pile reversal (watermarking) will occur in all cut pile and cut and loop pile carpets. It is not a manufacturing fault and will not affect the wear. As carpet is a textile, it is subject to limitations in the production process therefore our installers will attempt to match the pattern as close as possible but we cannot guarantee an exact pattern match.
Joins may be required in order to complete the installation however; these will be as minimal as possible. Our installers will attempt to join the carpet as seamless as possible however; we cannot guarantee a perfect seamless join due to the nature of the product.